How to Advertise Your NFTs ?
- Marketing your NFT project is crucial for creators’ success, so they first have to draw out a comprehensive plan for promoting their works to achieve better results.
- Building a community is a marathon that requires artists to stay connected via a constant stream of activities – live streams, polls, AMAs, comment floods, question and answer sessions, hosting giveaways, and anything else that gets users onboard with authenticity;
- Select the best venue to promote your project and leverage its opportunities. Opt for the marketplace with the most options, the best rates, and the biggest communities like the Binance NFT Marketplace.
The Non-Fungible Token phenomenon has swept across the crypto industry, affecting dozens of industries that found applications and use cases for the unique tokens. However, creating innovations without doing proper promotion is like selling a diamond locked up in a chest buried in the sand – a dead end. The same applies to NFTs, which need effective marketing and advertising to let target audiences learn about their existence and value.
Here are the seven most effective ways to market your NFT project.
Choose The Right Place To Sell Your NFTs
Every effective marketing campaign must start from a proper analysis of the project and the venues available for promoting it. First, the project must look at available NFT marketplaces and compare their terms and fees.
Among the main metrics to pay attention to are market volume and liquidity, which indicate whether the marketplace is a popular venue. The next factor is the transaction fees, which currently range from 2.5% to as much as 15%, significantly hampering profitability. Next, you need to check the overall experience provided by the platform. An ideal marketplace offers an attractive set of functions and features with different perks for both artists and users.
With the abundance of marketplaces on offer, users can also try out the Binance NFT Marketplace, which is home to a vibrant crypto community with community-driven approaches to development. Binance NFT has a record-low 1% platform fee for creators, ensuring that they earn as much as possible without worrying about extra charges.
Share Your Work on Social Media
Create your own accounts on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram for your digital works and build up your organic followers by attaching links to your channels in posts and forum threads. Organic traffic can be channeled by adhering to a comprehensive plan of social media marketing for curating content that best connects with the target community.
Quality social media content should include NFT features and sneak peeks at upcoming works to arouse interest and anticipation. Creative and interactive content that engages viewers and stimulates them to interact in chats or share the post is also a great way to make viral content and cross-promotion.
Creators can also share educational content like this to guide your users on how to purchase your NFTs on the marketplace. NFTs are still new, so a quick guide can help many users who may not understand how to purchase these tokens for themselves.
Host a Giveaway
Giveaways can be a great way to build awareness, grow followers, and drive engagement. This is especially relevant if the NFTs are new, and getting some NFTs for free would be of interest to their users. Giveaways are especially effective in the case of NFTs, since a host of cheaper ones can be issued en masse and deployed for greater return of value in promotional terms.
Here is an example of a social media giveaway on Twitter:
Here are some tips to running an effective giveaway:
- Set rules for the giveaway, depending on the creator’s goals, which could be anything from increasing followers to spreading buzz. A rule of thumb is to always include mechanics for following the project, resharing the post, adding a comment, or tagging friends, as these activities can help grow organic traffic.
- Schedule the giveaway about a week before the project launch to create buzz and anticipation and to allow audiences enough time to share and get to know the project better.
List your NFT Project on an NFT Calendar
Listing your project on specialized NFT Calendar websites and social media channels allows projects to tap into a like-minded pool of NFT fans from the get-go. It gives tools for direct interaction and engagement of real people, who frequent such dedicated NFT channels looking for the best opportunities.
Organize an AMA/ Livestream
Direct communication with audiences through AMAs or live-stream broadcasts is a great way of building connections and conveying a sense of live engagement by allowing users to ask questions and get answers. It is also a very effective instrument for sharing background stories and promoting the project in your own wording.
A good AMA or live stream that truly engages followers must follow some basic rules to be effective, namely:
- Make sure to share the date of the AMA in advance to your community and open a section (i.e., ‘ask me a question’ function on Instagram), where users can submit their questions beforehand so you can prepare answers to them;
- Start with a list of about 15 questions with the most interesting answers to give your followers a feeling of being special. Don’t forget to thank them in the AMA/ livestream for their participation;
- Keep the session between 30 to 45 minutes so it’s not too long that your followers lose focus. In addition – the most interesting questions will be exhausted in the first 15-20 minutes, and the rest of the session can become repetitive or boring;
- Allocate 15 minutes for a Q&A session where your followers can ask you any questions they have. This is an engaging way to interact with your followers live, and also make them feel that their opinions matter.
- To spice things up, reward your users for attending the AMA through an NFT giveaway as a token of appreciation.
Building a community is all about being authentic and personal, since people like to feel as individuals, not a mass of faceless, nameless users. They want to see a name and a face behind the product they are buying.
Join NFT Groups on Community Platforms
Word of mouth and self-promotion are still key when it comes to popularizing art. Projects seeking to showcase their NFTs should share their creations on various community platforms like Discord, Twitter, Reddit, Quora, and many others. The more channels for communication with users, the higher the chances of being noticed.
Furthermore, these community groups can also be a platform where you get feedback on your NFT project.
Start a thread about an NFT topic where you get to introduce your works and invite other users to discuss not only the creative side of the art, but other people’s works as well. Be open and inclusive about the NFT creator community, and use the community platforms as a way to also foster rapport within the NFT space.
Tip: When promoting your NFT project on community groups, be invested in communicating with the community instead of spreading spam on your NFT project. Ask the community their thoughts about it, answer their questions, and engage in their discussions. This builds connections and eventually, brings new audiences to your NFT project!
Create Your Website
Everything starts with a website in the digital marketplace, so creating a website to showcase your works is vital. Such a page will act as a hub of attention and as a space where people can get to know the artist better.
Creating a website also builds credibility, and is essential for proper Search Engine Optimization (SEO), since the freedom to create the content in it is entirely up to you. SEO allows Google and other search engines to categorize your website based on a myriad of criteria and rank it up the search query results that fans and potential new users type in their search bars.
Collaborate With Influencers
Influencers have huge followings and can sway their audiences to your favor, so their opinions are heeded. Projects need to work with influencers or artists and do NFT collaborations to tap into their communities and make use of cross-promotion.
For instance, it is possible to set up a themed series where each artist can leverage other artists’ networks of users to gain new followers. In addition to creating some great art, this approach gives users the chance to provide constructive criticism and better bond with both the artists and the influencers in a win-win scenario.
Connecting with the community is the key to the successful marketing of any crypto asset, because making people feel part of a greater whole and as individuals are the best and sole way of establishing rapport. A marketing strategy has to be based on a multipronged approach, which must include variety and engagement to remain interesting not just up until the moment of launch and sales, but beyond as well. Continuous community support will ensure not only immediate value, but value-aggregation over time.